Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Deepest Gratitude...

As some of you noticed, I haven't blogged in close to two weeks.  We had Easter (in which I went to visit my grandmother and then spent a lot of time with my parents), and then all the preparation for our benefit dinner that just took place on Sunday, the 15th.  It is that dinner of which I wish to speak.  Bear with me, it's sort of a stream of consciousness...

I am blown away.

Completely blown away.

It is incredible to witness the generosity of people.  Words cannot describe how I felt as that room filled up on Sunday.  I felt incredibly blessed to have so many people who care and wanted to help us.  Words cannot do justice to the thankfulness I felt when I addressed the assembled guests Sunday, although I tried my best.  This whole process has been so difficult, and there have been quite a few times when I have stared into the abyss and wondered whether all this difficulty is even worth it.

Now I know - the answer is an emphatic YES.

Why?  Because so many people are praying for and supporting us in this endeavor.  I use arduous frequently when describing these things, but this journey is not one that is being undertaken alone.  There are so many people who are accompanying us.  That makes all of this worth it.

I have so many people I want to thank.  I have been writing notes seemingly all day and yesterday, and will be writing more tomorrow. Each and every single one is worth it, and I would feel remiss in just thanking people in an impersonal way here on this blog or on Facebook; although this is yet another avenue for continued thankfulness for everything that so many have done for us - whether in time, talent, or treasure - or a combination of the three.

I want to thank my friends and my brother who were a direct assistance during the event - with admission, raffles, and traffic direction.  I want to thank my in-laws for being an immense help behind the scenes, and I want to thank my parents for giving the benefit.  My mother's cooking was outstanding.  And quite honestly, if you have never had it, you really don't know what you're missing.  

Most importantly, though, I want to thank God for reminding me over and over during all these weeks, months, and years that I have been blessed with so many people who care and want the best.  It is incredible in so many ways to behold.  I am incredibly humbled by all that has happened over the past few weeks.  I have nothing to offer to everyone except my deepest gratitude.

It is because of all of you out there praying for us and supporting us that we are getting ever closer to the one thing we've wanted more than anything else - just to be able to have a child to love and nourish.  I wish I could say more, but I can't, except to say thank you.  

Thank you to all of you for everything.  

No comments:

Share...