Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Dog Days...

I have long said that February are the real 'dog days' - whether of the school year, or the calendar year.  This February has been a little different because the weather has not been cooperative and sooner or later, it was going to catch up.

It did, overnight.  

100+ fevers are always fun.  I wasn't feeling great last night, but something I picked up from my childhood is that if I don't have a fever and I am not vomiting, I go to school/work.  Thankfully, it looks like it will only be a 24 hour affliction and tomorrow will be ready to go.  

When I was a kid, I had two books that lamented illness - one that you see in the upper right hand corner of this post, and the other one was a Big Bird-centered book entitled Nobody Cares About Me!  The latter started with Big Bird's envy over Ernie getting attention for being sick, so he tries to fake being sick but eventually does actually get sick.  The tagline of that book was "It's no fun to be sick", even when all of Sesame Street brought presents to him.  

I agree - I would rather just be left alone when feeling ill.  I absolutely hate the feeling, and getting out of the routine of the day is awful.  The two times I have had long-term illnesses (November, 1996 and July, 2009) were some bad times.  I don't wish to repeat them.  

This being Lent...Kyrie Eleison.

No comments:

Share...