Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Stupidest Songs of the 1990's...

I was going through my musical collection, especially through the 1990's, and there are indeed quite a few songs that are just idiotic.  Now, this doesn't mean that I dislike the songs; quite the contrary, I do like all of them for different reasons, but my liking them doesn't make them any less retarded in their sound or lyrics.  I have narrowed it down to four songs - I want the audience to either vote on these or nominate their own to the 1990's Stupid Song Hall of Fame.  So here are the four...

1. "Peaches" - The Presidents of the United States of America


2. "Tubthumping" - Chumbawumba


3. "How Bizarre" - OMC


4. "Rockafeller Skank" - Fatboy Slim


Each one of these is unique! If you have others, put them in the comment thread or give your reasons as to why which of these four is in fact THE stupidest song of the 1990's.

3 comments:

The Doll said...

*looks around* Am I the only one who loves all 4 of these songs and paid upwards of $15 for the original CD? I mean....Can I make copies for y'all? Maybe you just have to hear them a.few.more.times. In fact, even my cats like these songs, owing to '90's dance party hour at my house. Seriously, the worst song of the 90's? Mmmbop? Achy Breaky Heart? ICE ICE BABY?!

Joshua Lattanzi said...

I like all of these songs too, but I was trying to go for sheer retardedness. Mmmbop is certainly a contender, but Achy Breaky Heart, while dumb, doesn't fit in the sheer retarded category. Early 90's rap is disqualified altogether!

Nick said...

Of the 4 you provide, I would have to vote for Peaches...with Rockafeller Skank a close second.

I would also like to nominate for dumbest song of the 90s U Can't Touch This by MC Hammer. Overplayed and whenever I get that song stuck in my head I can't for the life of me get it out no matter what I try.

Share...