Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Random Musings...

It's Tuesday and there isn't really anything going on (which is unusual for me until Thanksgiving).  So I figured I would put together a few random thoughts and questions...

- The most depressing song I have listened to recently is Pearl Jam's rendition of "Last Kiss".  They play it in a relatively upbeat fashion, but the lyrics are just downright gloomy.

- Most teachers find the parental email asking what they (as parents) personally can do to improve their kids' grades from a B to an A to be the most aggravating ones (For the record, the answer is nothing).  I disagree.  Give me that any day of the week and twice on Saturday over the parent of the under-performing student who is deafeningly silent.

- I want to know why no one will just straight up call BS on Tony LaRussa's explanations as to why he had massive brain farts in managing his bullpen last night in the Cardinals' loss to the Rangers.  Although as of recently, LaRussa finally manned up and took responsibility for the giant snafu.

- I love weekends in which I know my football team went undefeated.

- I have been paying a little bit of attention recently to the whole Occupy...(Fill in the blank) "movement", and the only thing it has going for it right now is media attention.  There is no coherence to it other than 'eat kill tax the rich' (which has all sorts of unintended consequences in itself), and each and every day brings more revelations that the "movement" is ultimately going to cannibalize itself.  It's a Catch-22 for them: a coherent message and platform brings organization, but also makes them more susceptible to manipulation.

- Rick Perry's flat tax plan is too high.  Twenty percent is too much.  I would also keep capital gains at least a little bit.

- So Joe Biden wants to run for President in 2016?  Let him.  I can just see his platform...Vote for me or else the national murder and rape rate will skyrocket.

- Please pray for the victims of the earthquake in Turkey.  Much as with Japan earlier this year, I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

- The next 3-4 weeks are going to be hectic, to say the least.  We are the co-chairpersons of the annual Holy Redeemer Harvest Bazaar, which takes place on November 11th and 12th. This weekend, I will be making a presentation at all the Masses to gin up excitement and volunteers.  Wish us luck!

- Let's just get to Thanksgiving with everyone's health and sanity intact.  So let it be written, so let it be done...

No comments:

Share...