Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eli Manning Makes Me Laugh...


That's pretty funny, actually.  In his own mind, Eli may believe he is an elite quarterback.  Anyone can fool themselves into believing anything.  In 2009 and early 2010, I believed that I could make it into the lower tiers of the PBA, but reality intruded when I did a couple of tournaments and stunk against superior competition.  Will Eli continue to deceive himself?  Count on it:
"I'm not a 25-interception quarterback, I know that," Manning said. "That's going to be fixed and it should be a good year."
Sorry, Eli, numbers don't lie. You are a very good quarterback; in the second tier of good QB's, and many teams would love to have you, but you are not in the same class as Tom Brady.

But, but, but, Eli beat Brady in the Super Bowl!

Trent Dilfer has more rings than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly combined. I rest my case there.

What kills me is that I like Eli Manning (despite him playing for the enemy) and I dislike Tom Brady immensely.  However, that personal bias isn't going to stop me from making the objective judgment that Brady is the superior quarterback.  And let's not forget that Eli isn't even the best quarterback named Manning to currently play in the NFL.  He may get to elite status eventually, but he has produced a large enough sample size that it is getting increasingly unlikely.  

But who knows?  Stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Share...