Sunday, July 3, 2011

Irony Is A Cruel Mistress...

I am not sure why this made Yahoo! News, but I guess the irony of it all was too much to pass up.  To wit:
A motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws went over his handlebars, hit his head on the pavement and was killed, police said Sunday.

The motorcyclist, 55-year-old Philip A. Contos, likely would have survived the accident if he'd been wearing a helmet, state troopers said.
I advocate wearing helmets when riding motorcycles, but I do not advocate compulsory wearing of them by the state.  It's a bit of a paradox, I will admit - but I will also say that do not bitch and moan to me if something bad happens that could have been avoided if you had just worn a helmet.  The rider alone assumes the risk of not wearing it when he gets on that bike.  

No comments:

Share...