Tuesday, January 4, 2011

If Rick Reilly Whines In the Middle of the Forest...


Rick Reilly is part of an annual tradition of bashing the BCS, stomping his feet in impotent rage and feeling the pain of TCU, who, despite being undefeated, will not play for the national championship. He also seems to think that pushing for a playoff will guarantee Barack Obama a second term. I love fantasies!

I have said before that I am not a fan of the BCS. However, unless a crime is being committed, I want the Feds to stay out of it. A playoff will come, but it has to come from within, and not from the outside. There is no crime here; it’s just about the elevation of what has traditionally been known as a deadly sin (envy) to a virtue. It’s also about who gets their fingers in the monetary pie. If there were no money involved, I am pretty sure the attitude would be ‘move along, folks, nothing to see here’.

No comments:

Share...