Friday, December 10, 2010

Suffering the Fools

Driving in the Baltimore and DC metro areas can always be an adventure.  Those of you who are from around here know some of the fun things - the Washington Weave, the curves of the Beltway in Montgomery County, the Southeast-Southwest Freeway (known to outsiders as...NASCAR), and the Springfield Interchange.  No matter where you go in the region, it seems as if the fools are always out in full force.  Today was no exception.

I leave home every day at 6:00 AM, because it's 29 miles to school and it takes approximately 45 minutes to go from door to door.  Driving down MD 3 (Crain Highway) in southern Anne Arundel County, the speed limit is usually 45 or 50 miles per hour.  I was going about 60 and all of a sudden behind me is some Lincoln Navigator whose driver is flashing his lights at me.  I can't change lanes, as the other one is occupied, and I can't really push my poor little Saturn any faster, so I sit at 60 and pass the car on my left and then the Navigator cuts in the next lane and speeds off.  Once it passed me, the license plate gave an awfully good insight into the behavior of the driver flashing his lights at me...

"2Spoild"

No, really.  This is not a parody.  I am guessing the owner/driver of that Navigator lacks any kind of self awareness to realize the comedic effect of his vanity plate, especially when gaged against that sense of entitlement.  

Don't even get me started on the morons who decide to drive like idiots because it....wait for it...FLURRIED this afternoon!  Good God.  Ok, I've had enough ranting for one afternoon.

2 comments:

Doyler said...

When I merge onto 270 N every day, some jerk tailgates me in the center lane as I go my usual 7ish over the speed limit. Why? Because they think the left lane is HOV when it isn't at that time. It's only HOV in the PM.

Dummies.

Those flurries made actually made it nice and slick in places. Of course people freaked the eff out, which caused accidents, and not the "snow."

Joshua Lattanzi said...

Yeah, I heard up past Gaithersburg it was nasty on the road. My kids in class were acting as if they had never seen snow before. I had to remind them of February, when we couldn't get rid of the snow if we tried.

Share...