Monday, December 14, 2009

The Halladay Trade *UPDATED*

The word out is that Roy 'Doc' Halladay is in Philly to either seek an extension or get a physical as part of a potential three team trade (Philly, Seattle, Toronto) that would ultimately ship 2009 postseason stud Cliff Lee to Seattle and see a bunch of prospects change hands.

I don't know what to think of all this right now, but one thing is clear - the Phillies are trying to win NOW, and getting Halladay long-term is certainly a way to go about that. I will miss Clifton Phifer Lee, and I wish him the best. Problem is that my dad and I went in and bought my brother a Lee jersey after we convinced him to burn his Billy Wagner jersey and now it is all for naught. Boo to that! Anyway, I am sure he'll want a Doc jersey at some point. But he'll have to pay for his own. However, I don't think we will be trying to get him to burn his Lee jersey.

*UPDATE* The misinformation surrounding this deal is unbelievable, with certain funny guys on Twitter just making stuff up now, such as Michael Vick and the Phillie Phanatic being included in the trade.

No comments:

Share...