Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Inglorious Return

First, let me apologize for falling off the face of the earth. No, I swear, I am alive and this is not some random bot writing this blog post. Sheer exhaustion over the past couple of weeks have prevented any kind of writing on this blog. It's been a long week, and the previous week denoted the start of the school year.

The start of any school year (especially as a teacher) is difficult because a) you are trying to get used to the sleep schedule again, b) you are trying to get into a rhythm, and c) you are trying to learn and get to know the students and their names. The first week is always extremely tiring and I will go and take a nap for an hour or two before the Phillies game. Emails are flying in from parents who want to know this and that, and I don't blame them at all - I prefer parents who are involved to those who aren't in any way.

This second week, while short, just had late nights every night. Between the Labor Day BBQ we had at my parents, Back to School Night on Tuesday, the start of bowling season on Wednesday, and going to Nats Park to watch the Phillies lose on Thursday, last night was just crash and burn time. 5 AM alarm calls and midnight bedtimes combined make not for rested times. Hopefully by the start of this coming week, the regularity of my sleep returns and thus will have the energy to blog on a regular basis as well. Anyway, it is good to be back and it is good to express in print again as well.

No comments:

Share...